ROSE Award Nominations
Nominations are now being accepted for the 2019 ROSE Awards. Click here to nominate. Nominations close Friday, February 1st, 2019.
Voting and judging begins on Monday, February 11th and concludes on Friday, March 15th, 2019. Finalists will be notified by March 20th. The Boise Convention & Visitors Bureau Annual Celebration and Recognition of Service Excellence Awards will be held on April 16th, 2019 at JUMP.
What is a ROSE Award? The Boise Convention & Visitors Bureau (BCVB) has always believed in the importance of recognizing exceptional service, and that’s why it established the Recognition of Service Excellence (ROSE) Award. The BCVB invites the public and the hospitality industry to play a vital role in the ROSE Awards selection process. There are three major components to this process: the nomination component, the voting component, and the judging and selection process. The Recognition of Service Excellence (“ROSE”) Award honors employees in the tourism and hospitality industry who positively enhance a visitor’s experience during their stay in the Boise area. The Awards cover several categories, and are presented to employees who distinguish themselves through enthusiasm and exemplary service. We encourage you to nominate a special individual for a 2019 ROSE Award.
Who Is Eligible?
Non-managerial employees in the hotel, restaurant, retail, tourism or hospitality-related fields, including the public sector are eligible to be nominated for a ROSE Award. There will be an an overall Spirit of Hospitality Award that a manager may be eligible for. Employees should have direct contact with, or provide support to, visitors and customers, and distinguish themselves by promoting Boise and surrounding areas through exemplary service and customer satisfaction.
Criteria for Awards:
- Nominations may be submitted by management personnel or a member of the general public. The person nominated must be employed in a non-managerial position and hold no ownership in the organization. No past winners are eligible; however, past nominees are eligible.
- The overall Spirit of Hospitality Award may be awarded to a manager in a hospitality position as long as they hold no ownership in the organization.
- The Nomination Testimonial must be at least a 100-word description containing a specific example of why this hospitality employee is outstanding in their job performance. The candidate must project a positive image of their company and of Boise as a destination. A limit of two (2) individuals from an organization can be submitted for consideration.
- All nominations must be received by Friday, January 25th, 2019 at midnight.
- This application is limited to one entry per IP address. If you have several nominations, please email the required information below to firstname.lastname@example.org
A Nomination Committee comprised of hospitality and business professionals will confidentially review all nominations and select up to seven (7) finalists in each of the seven (7) main award categories which include: Accommodations, Dining, Behind the Scenes, Retail, Volunteer, Attractions & Transportation.